Profile Image Upload
Bulk uploads profile images to a my site host. Runs on the desktop by using web services and client object model to communicate with the server.
Download the zip file, extract to a directory.
Requires .NET 3.5 SP1
Run the executable Com.CodePlex.SPC3.ProfileImageUpload.exe
Enter a my site url, username and password (that has manage profile permissions).
Select the authentication type.
Select the directory where the profile images are stored
Set the regex used to extract the account name from the image name (example filename: domain_username.jpg)
- First the program validates if can connect to the my site url you provided with the authentication details
- Then it loops over all the files in the directory you have selected
- For each image, three resized image are created in memory
- 144x144 (_LThumb)
- 96x96 (_MThumb)
- 32x32 (_SThumb)
- Each thumbnail is then uploaded to the my site profile image directory (/User Photos/Profile Pictures)
- Finally, the profile property PictureURL is updated with the new MThumb url
Have the source images in the format "domain_username.jpg"